We all have one, the most cluttered drawer/box/corner of our house. And every time we open it we take years to find something simple. It’s time to stop that!
Schedule an hour, turn on some calming music and sort through the junk drawer. Give each thing a proper place. If it doesn’t have one, you should probably let the item go.
And please don’t tell me that you don’t have time because, if you take ten minutes after reading this post and handle it, you will never have to spend time reading or thinking about a junk drawer again. And doing it now will help you save time in the future.
We all know that junk attracts junk and clutter attracts more clutter. So if you want more time, space, and peace…you know what to do.
So here are a few quick things to take into consideration while clearing out your junk drawer:
- Half of the pens that you have don’t even work anymore. Check which ones do and get rid of the rest.
- Don’t save old batteries because you’re never going to use them. Recycle instead.
- Do you know what all those keys you keep saving open? If you don’t know, you don’t need them.
- Scan your receipts, save them on an online drive and trash the paper!
- Put the coins on your wallet, otherwise you will not use them.
- Phone books are useless, I’m sorry but the reality is that you have an address book on your phone for a reason. Please use it.
Start with these bullet points and the rest will come easy.
If you’ve tried this challenge before I would love to read your experience on the comments’ section.
I’ve been writing separate posts about my minimalism challenge experiences, so make sure you’re following the blog or any of my social media channels to not miss out on these!
Follow me on:
Facebook: Tiger On Gold Leash